Member # 31746
posted December 22, 2011 09:41 AM
A unique opportunity to live and work in subtropical, low-tax Bermuda - a leading offshore financial center and tourist destination! Put your IT expertise to use in a sophisticated professional environment while taking advantage of a 5.25% tax rate and enjoying a warmer climate!
Network & Systems Supervisor, Telco/ISP - Bermuda
We are looking for a suitable candidate to relocate and join our ISP/Telco industry client in Bermuda. This individual will be responsible for the day to day operations of a Network and Systems department that provides services for both business and residential customers in Bermuda.
This FT/staff-based role acts as a liaison between Operations staff and sales/management while helping to determine future architecture requirements and identifying process improvements. This individual must be able to lead and motivate a technical team so a background in an ISP environment would be preferred. A large amount of IP network design and technical troubleshooting will also be required.
We are looking for as much as possible of the following:
- CCNP/CCIP certification with preference given to CCIE qualified candidates
- Experience with ISP level functions such as DNS, Radius, Web Hosting (Apache, IIS), Mail Routing (SMTP, POP, IMAP), and enterprise concepts including Microsoft AD, Exchange.
- Proficient with ISP level network concepts such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Traffic Engineering, AAA, xDSL, PPPoE, route summarization and redistribution as well as transport terminology such as STM-1/OC-3, POS, Gigabit Ethernet and implementation thereof
- Strong understanding of Metro-Ethernet technologies
- Prior experience and ability to configure and manage Layer 2, Layer 3, and Layer 4 network devices (primarily Cisco environment)
- Ability to design and implement network architectures, including the identification of hardware/software as well as resolution of technical problems and malfunctions
- Hands on firewall experience preferred with demonstrated skills utilizing best practice network security skills
- Ability to define and implement network monitoring and associated processes such as, the establishment and ongoing quality review of network performance, event monitors, thresholds, responses, and notifications
- Demonstrated project management and staff supervision/development skills
Due to the long-term international move required, candidates should be motivated by the opportunity to live and work in Bermuda, be able to relocate fairly easily and have outside interests that suit Bermuda's idyllic living environment.
Our client offers a competitive and nearly tax free compensation and benefits package (5.25% maximum payroll tax). Relevant work permit, health insurance contributions and relocation assistance is also offered.
Interested in exploring this role?
Please contact or send your resume to Frank Squires - firstname.lastname@example.org
Posts: 1 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011
| IP: Logged