Routing and Switching Internetworking Experts

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Routing and Switching Internetworking Experts   » General Tech Talk   » Routing and Switching Tech Forum   » ip nat enable

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ip nat enable
luqman
Guru

Member # 18687

Member Rated:
posted August 11, 2006 03:31 AM      Profile for luqman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has anyone had any success with the "ip nat enable" interface mode command

it doesnt work & there is scant documenation on this

Posts: 210 | From: dundee | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
marving2
I need a life
CCIE12237
Member # 4289

Member Rated:
posted August 11, 2006 05:47 PM      Profile for marving2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Might be a better question for the SP forum, as it primarily deals with NAT for VRFs. 12.3(14)T is probably a bit newer than you would even see in the SP lab.

NAT Virtual Interface
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a008041d91a.html

Posts: 1742 | From: 127.0.0.1 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
luqman
Guru

Member # 18687

Member Rated:
posted August 14, 2006 12:46 AM      Profile for luqman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ive been thru that document and it didnt make sense,well, it didnt relate to the diagram they used in the doc.

besides, ive tried this and the nvi interface doesnt come up...

Posts: 210 | From: dundee | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich C
Guru

Member # 15337

Member Rated:
posted August 18, 2006 03:47 PM      Profile for Rich C     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see what you mean about the documentation.

I tried a simple example with a static source ip mapping an internal vrf ip address to a global ip address. The natting seemed to work fine when I pinged from inside the vrf to an external global (non-vrf) ip address. I just didn't see any return mapping. If that were to work I could see a nice way to communicate with static vrf routes between the global routing table and a vrf.

I would be curious to get this working and to hear about any progress you are making.

Posts: 124 | From: Shanghai | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | www.ccbootcamp.com

RouterIE Banner